Saturday, August 26, 2006

My Process

Today's challenge at 2ps is to write about my scrapping process...

It depends on my mood but I usually scrap in two ways. If I have a particular style or theme or layout in my head then I go with that and find pictures to match the idea in my head. I do this especially when I'm in a funk or I see a layout I want to scraplift.

When I'm inspired I actually go to my pictures first and then I start looking for the right layout or color scheme. Searching through my papers until I find something that feels right.

Once I've done that I experiment with photo placement.
Once I have that figured out I don't stick my photo down I just keep a mental note.
Then if I'm going to do any painting or inking I do it now.
I build layers with patterned paper and then put my photos down once I have a solid foundation.

Then I build around it creating my title and journaling and searching for the right accents to embellish with.

This is pretty much it and it usually takes me start to finish about 2 hours if I have the time without interruptions or the right inspiration and motivation. Otherwise it can take me 2-3 days to finish the layout. I'm usually working on several layouts at a time though.

So that's my process :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home